Elections occur every 2 years though may happen ad hoc if a position is vacated earlier.
A nomination form will be available during elections.
BY-LAW – 7 OFFICERS
The officers of the Association shall be the President, Secretary and Treasurer. The officers of the Association shall be members of the Board of Directors. They shall be elected or appointed and hold office as prescribed in By-Law 6.
- PRESIDENT – The President shall exercise general supervision and control over the interests and affairs of the association, subject to the directions of the Board of Directors. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and the members of the association at which he is present. o The President shall perform such duties as usually pertain to the office of the President.
- PRESIDENT-ELECT – The President-Elect shall be vested with all the powers and perform all the duties of the President in the absence of the President from is office and shall also have such powers and duties as may from time to time be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
- VICE-PRESIDENT – The vice-president shall be vested with all the powers and shall perform all the duties of the President in the absence of both the President and the president-elect. He shall also have such powers and duties as may from time to time be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
- SECRETARY – The Secretary or his designate shall attend all meetings of the Board of Directors, and all meetings of the members and act as the official secretary thereof. He shall keep and preserve a true and correct record of all business transacted at these meeting. o The Secretary shall have custody of the minute books and other official documents and records of the Association.
- The Secretary, or in his absence the President, shall sign with such other signing officers as may be authorized from time to time, alt legal documents in the name of the Niagara Electrical Association when required.
- The Secretary shall perform such duties as the President or the Board may from time to time properly require him to do.
- Copies of all minutes of the Board of Directors meeting and minutes the monthly meeting shall be transmitted to the members of the Board of Directors.
- TREASURER – The treasurer shall have the care and custody of all the funds and securities of the Association and shall deposit the same in the name of the Association in such financial institution(s) as the Board of Directors by resolution may direct from time to time. o The Treasurer, with such other members of the Association, as may be authorized by the Board of Directors from time to time, shall be a signing office for all the banking and investment documents in the name of Niagara Electrical Association.
- The Treasurer shall at all times have access to all financial records and accounts of all committees, projects or financial functions approved by the Board of Directors.
- The Treasurer shall make a report monthly to the Board of Directors being a summary of the financial position of the Association. He shall prepare and present to the Board of Directors for presentation to the members au annual financial statement of the Association. Such financial statement(s) shall be presented to the Board within sixty (60) days of the year end.
- The accounts of the Treasurer shall be audited annually by au auditor or auditors appointed by the Board of-Directors. The report of the auditor(s) shall be presented to the Board of Directors within a reasonable period of time.
Sign up for a weekly newsletter with the latest blog posts and exclusive content. In your inbox every Tuesday!